Website ExcellMetalSpin Excell Metal Spinning Ltd.
Excellence in Quality, Excellence in Service
Excell Metal Spinning Ltd. Is excited to announce a CNC Turner opportunity within our growing facilities. We are giving people the opportunity to spread their wings and learn what it truly takes to become some of the country’s leading Metal Spinning craftsmen.
Excell is one of the fastest growing Metal Spinning businesses within the UK. Based in Hilsea, Portsmouth, we have firmly established our brand along the south coast as a Market leader for bespoke, tailor-made solutions for a wide variety of industries.
Since 2000, the business has continued to grow from the current two Directors to a workforce that totals 28. All the while occupying premises 15,000 sq. ft in size and complimented by one of the UK’s largest fleet of CNC Metal Spinning lathes.
There are three main principles set by the Directors and they are in order;
The company has kept to these principles ever since, whilst offering a service of ‘Excellence in Quality, Excellence in Service’, a slogan that is ingrained into every spinning we produce.
What does the CNC Turner Vacancy entail?
Excellent opportunity for a semi-skilled toolmaker to join a well-established manufacturing company in Portsmouth. Setting, programming, and operating the Colchester Combi 6000. You’ll work as part of a small, highly skilled, and dedicated team producing mould tools.
You will be working on our turning lathe, the Colchester Combi 6000 which uses Fanuc 210i-TA Controls with windows programming. Some of the specs of lathe is as follows;
- Swing over bed 800mm
- Swing in gap 870mm
- Spindle bore 120mm
- Will be predominately for the use of tool making used in Metal Spinning Operations
- (more specs of the lathe attached)
Programming methods include;
- Simple DRO
- On screen CAD-CAM
- Teach and learn
- CNC programming
- Step by Step operation
- Full off-line DNC/CAD-CAM download
What are a CNC Turners Key Responsibilities?
- Working on a Colchester Combi 6000 CNC Lathe daily
- Set and run new and existing CNC programs
- Inspect parts to determine if the product meets quality/ customer specifications, taking appropriate action concerning parts that are not to customer/quality standards
- Ensure the timely production of parts to pre-determined deadlines.
- Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with health and safety requirements as laid down by the company and by external bodies.
- From time to time, to take on roles and responsibilities as reasonably required for the immediate needs of the Company.
What Hours and Wage does this role involve?
As part of the contract of employment, the CNC Turner will be expected to work 40-45 hours per week.
Excell Metal Spinning Ltd.’s opening hours are Monday – Thursday 7am-5:30pm (and Friday 7am-12pm if required).
Excell also offers a CNC Turner wage of £30k per annum.
Required skills and qualities
- Be an experienced Engineer/Machinist/Toolmaker with a proven track record in the relevant industry
- Conversant with Fanuc controls
- Experienced in CNC Turning
- Ability to operate with the minimum of supervision
- Experience in reading Engineering Drawings
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritise your workload
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with employees at all levels
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Strong team player
Additional Information and Company Benefits
- Overtime available where required
- 5 days leave + Bank Holidays
- Free Parking
- Pension Scheme
- Bupa Healthcare (effective after qualifying period)
At Excell, we have an equal opportunity “To All”, so each member of staff will be given responsibilities to progress within the organization when the eagerness, willingness and competence is shown.
Must be willing to undergo a background check and must be a UK resident or otherwise eligible to work in the UK.
Think you have what it takes to become a CNC Turner at Excell Metal Spinning? Apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org