Excell Metal Spinning Ltd. Is excited to announce a Semi Skilled Metal Sheet Worker opportunity within our growing facilities. We are giving people the opportunity to spread their wings and learn what it truly takes to become some of the country’s leading Metal Spinning craftsmen.
Excell is one of the fastest growing Metal Spinning businesses within the UK. Based in Hilsea, Portsmouth, we have firmly established our brand along the south coast as a Market leader for bespoke, tailor-made solutions for a wide variety of industries.
Since 2000, the business has continued to grow from the current two Directors to a workforce that totals 28. All the while occupying premises 21,000 sq. ft in size and complimented by one of the UK’s largest fleet of CNC Metal Spinning lathes.
There are three main principles set by the Directors and they are in order;
The company has kept to these principles ever since, whilst offering a service of ‘Excellence in Quality, Excellence in Service’, a slogan that is ingrained into every spinning we produce.
What does the Semi Skilled Metal Sheet Worker job entail?
We currently have a new and exciting role for a semi-skilled metal worker. This is an excellent opportunity to join a professional and experienced team that is continuing to grow. Build new skills, develop existing skill sets, and gather new knowledge with on-site training provided.
What are a Semi Skilled Metal Sheet Workers Key Responsibilities?
- Operating and maintaining metalworking equipment and machinery, such as brakes, punches, and presses.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine the correct materials and equipment to use.
- Measuring and marking materials to be cut or formed, and cutting or forming materials to the correct dimensions.
- Inspecting finished products to ensure they meet quality standards and specifications.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment, including adhering to safety regulations and procedures.
- Collaborating with other team members to ensure efficient and effective production processes.
- Performing routine maintenance and repairs on equipment and machinery.
- Following standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with health and safety requirements as laid down by the company and by external bodies.
- From time to time, to take on roles and responsibilities as reasonably required for the immediate needs of the Company.
What Hours and Wage does this role involve?
As part of the contract of employment, the Semi Skilled Metal Sheet Worker will be expected to work 40-45 hours per week.
Excell Metal Spinning Ltd.’s opening hours are Monday – Thursday 7am-5:30pm (and Friday 7am-12pm if required).
Excell also offers a competitive wage depending upon experience.
Preferred skills and qualities
- Basic sheet metal skills
- Experience working with a wide range of materials, aluminium’s, steel, stainless steel, copper & brass, etc.
- Able to operate machinery to include but not limited to guillotine, circle cutting, and supporting metal spinning operations
- Can ensure that their work is high quality with attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritise your workload
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with employees at all levels
- Positive attitude
- Strong team player
- Fluent in English
- No welding skills necessary
Additional Information and Company Benefits
- Overtime available where required
- 5 days leave + Spring, Summer, and Winter Shutdowns + Bank Holidays
- Free Parking
- Pension Scheme
- AXA Healthcare (effective after qualifying period)
At Excell, we have an equal opportunity “To All”, so each member of staff will be given responsibilities to progress within the organization when the eagerness, willingness and competence is shown.
Think you have what it takes to become a Semi Skilled Metal Sheet Worker at Excell Metal Spinning? Apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.