Website ExcellMetalSpin Excell Metal Spinning Ltd.
Excellence in Quality, Excellence in Service
Excell Metal Spinning Ltd. Is excited to announce Manual Metal Spinner opportunities within our growing facilities. We are giving people the opportunity to spread their wings and learn what it truly takes to become some of the country’s leading Metal Spinning craftsmen.
Excell is one of the fastest growing Metal Spinning businesses within the UK. Based in Hilsea, Portsmouth, we have firmly established our brand along the south coast as a Market leader for bespoke, tailor-made solutions for a wide variety of industries.
Since 2000, the business has continued to grow from the current two Directors to a workforce that totals 28. All the while occupying premises 21,000 sq. ft in size and complimented by one of the UK’s largest fleet of CNC Metal Spinning lathes.
There are three main principles set by the Directors and they are in order;
The company has kept to these principles ever since, whilst offering a service of ‘Excellence in Quality, Excellence in Service’, a slogan that is ingrained into every spinning we produce.
What does the Manual Metal Spinner Vacancy entail?
Excellent opportunity for a semi-skilled metal spinner to join a well-established manufacturing company in Portsmouth. You’ll work as part of a small, highly skilled, and dedicated team producing a variety of components using materials such as steel, copper, galvanised steel, aluminium, and more. The ideal candidate should have previous metal spinning experience.
What are a Manual Metal Spinners Key Responsibilities?
- Spin form various components ranging from up to 1900mm in diameter with a range of material grades and thicknesses
- Lifting and slinging of components, tooling, and machine ancillaries
- Produce components within agreed cycle times
- Produce components that conform to all specifications listed on engineering drawings
- Produce components that satisfy all internal and external quality control measures
- Maintain visual checks throughout the process and take corrective action where required
- Inspect parts to determine if the product meets quality/ customer specifications, taking appropriate action concerning parts that are not to customer/quality standards
- Ensure the timely production of parts to pre-determined deadlines.
- Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with health and safety requirements as laid down by the company and by external bodies
- From time to time, to take on roles and responsibilities as reasonably required for the immediate needs of the Company
What Hours and Wage does this role involve?
As part of the contract of employment, the Manual Metal Spinner will be expected to work 40-45 hours per week.
Excell Metal Spinning Ltd.’s opening hours are Monday – Thursday 7am-5:30pm (and Friday 7am-12pm if required).
Excell also offers a Manual Metal Spinners a competitive wage.
Required skills and qualities
- Qualified Modern Apprentice (or equivalent) in an Engineering related discipline
- Previous Metal Spinning experience
- Ability to read, understand and interpret engineering drawings
- Able to use a variety of measuring equipment
- Must be able to lift at least 25 kg
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritise your workload
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with employees at all levels
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Strong team player
Additional Information and Company Benefits
- Overtime available where required
- 5 days leave + Bank Holidays
- Free Parking
- Pension Scheme
- Bupa Healthcare (effective after qualifying period)
At Excell, we have an equal opportunity “To All”, so each member of staff will be given responsibilities to progress within the organization when the eagerness, willingness and competence is shown.
Must be willing to undergo a background check and must be a UK resident or otherwise eligible to work in the UK.
Think you have what it takes to become a Manual Metal Spinner at Excell Metal Spinning? Apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org